Thursday, December 3, 2009

I miss him

Our courtship lasted 18 months. When I first met him, he was bold, confident and I was drawn to his dark, good looks and stocky build.

He had the most beautiful eyes, and I loved the way he'd look at me. When I saw myself through his eyes, I was a gorgeous creature with flawless features. He didn't have to say a word: When he looked at me, I could tell what he was thinking: "My god, woman, you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen."

In the morning as I would get ready for work, he would stretch across the bed and watch me put on my make-up and do my hair. He didn't have to say a word; I could tell what he was thinking: "Your beauty is natural. Why do you do so much foo foo?"

He was bold and self-confident - two traits I admire very much. He knew how to get what he wanted, and he wasn't afraid to go after it. When someone told him "no," he didn't let that stop him. He'd find another way to get what he wanted. He was clever, suave and sexy.

I miss my ex-boyfriend's cat.


(Reprinted from my myspace blog, Sept. 20, 2008)

No comments: